Predcaliber.com Good Games Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think?

3 posters

Go down

What do you think? Empty What do you think?

Post by PredCaliber Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:00 pm

As a tip from BaHaMuT, I did create this topic to see what you think about the new Fallout New Vegas graphics tutorial, and what mod should be definitely included! What do you think? Smile
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

http://www.predcaliber.com

Back to top Go down

What do you think? Empty Re: What do you think?

Post by BaHaMuT Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:24 pm

Did you read my suggestions for your Fallout 3 Tutorial? My suggestions for FNV are pretty much the same.

If you read the page I gave you, the author adds some compatibility tabs and equivalence tabs for New Vegas users that you really want to check. So the guide to some extent is useful for both games.

But again, luckily for you, I kept my guidelines for modding it in a docx file Smile sharing it Very Happy

Myu guidelines for FNV modding wrote:
http://ephsilon.net/forumimages/fnvms.docx

Both of the guidelines that I made by reading and finding what was most appropiate and lore-friendly are very extensive. I'm pretty sure that you'll take your time and find more than one useful thing, maybe all of them. Very Happy

ENB Suggestion for FNV:Enhanced Shaders ENB

This ENB for me is the only one that contributes to the realism of the game in a lore-friendly way aside from being fully compatible with my weather and lightning modded Fallout New Vegas. It has a nice bunch of good effects to pick from too if you want to.
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Thank you very much! Smile FNV is my next project, so I am glad to get input from an experienced FNV modder like yourself! I did read your guide so far, and I am impressed! Thats a lot of detailed info and mods!
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Bahamut, did you also follow the New Vegas Fear and loathing tutorial? or only parts from it? Surprised
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BaHaMuT Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:44 pm

PredCaliber wrote:Bahamut, did you also follow the New Vegas Fear and loathing tutorial? or only parts from it? Surprised

As I told you in my previous post I only added the mods/steps that are lore-friendly (as intended), improve the game and fix it. I don't want a mutant FNV.

The first thing I did was reading the guide, then made a document with all the mods I would add (yes, the docx file I shared with you that contains all my guidelines for proper installation of the selection) and the last step, applying all of it, the execution.

However "applying all of it" doesn't mean "download mod, add the mod from file, activate and ready to go, next". It means checking the package data structure and repack if needed, it means contrasting the "fear and loathing" steps with the mod authors' instructions and when different decide which steps to apply, it means deciding whether to apply or not the patches of the mods that have been actually used.

As you can see, there are tons of things I agree with EssArrBee's guide (read my guidelines, section 1B [ini tweaks] and 1D [fixes] those sections contain a direct link to the "fear and loathing" tutorial Surprised ) And there are some others I do not agree with (my guidelines, section 2, mod managers, as you can see I did not implement the use of the Mod Organizer but added the nexus mod manager as my recomended mod manager)

To finish my suggestions I'm going to quote my first post:

BaHaMuT wrote:Did you read my suggestions for your Fallout 3 Tutorial? My suggestions for FNV are pretty much the same.

If you read the page I gave you, the author adds some compatibility tabs and equivalence tabs for New Vegas users that you really want to check. So the guide to some extent is useful for both games.

As you can see, you should consider reading and applying some of the Kelmych's mods/steps that are also compatible with FNV. (BTW the guidelines I created for fallout 3 are far more extensive than my FNV's)  I also had to look for additional information for unsolved problems in both guides.

Greetings and post often with your progress on your tutorial. If you have any doubt or comment or feel uneasy on whether to install or not a certain mod, post it so I can help you.
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Oke thanks Smile You are right about the Fear and Loathing guide, its a little bit too much and overdone at some points. I think the guide for me is mostly going to be Textures and weapons, and some other immersion mods. Smile Still getting used to Mod Organiser for New Vegas.
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BaHaMuT Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:55 pm

PredCaliber wrote:Oke thanks Smile  You are right about the Fear and Loathing guide, its a little bit too much and overdone at some points.   I think the guide for me is mostly going to be Textures and weapons, and some other immersion mods. Smile   Still getting used to Mod Organiser for New Vegas.

Mod Organizer is the worst mod manager available. I don't advise you to use it.
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:12 am

Why not? As far as I can see it is the only manager that allows you to extract files manually in the data folder if the mod is packed incorrectly Surprised
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BetrayedPC Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:42 am

How is progress coming on this guide? I am very intrigued to see which mods you decide to go with.
BetrayedPC
BetrayedPC

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Hey and welcome to the forum! Smile
At the moment I am still checking what mods to use from the Fear and Loathing STEP guide. The guide is great but its way too huge and complex. Also there is a problem with ENB and the 4gb patch so Il have to check what I can do about that.

Meanwhile, if you really can not wait, you can try to start the Fear and loathing new Vegas guide yourself here
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BetrayedPC Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:43 am

Thank you, I will look into that. Where in the netheralands do you live? I know some people in Rotterdam.
BetrayedPC
BetrayedPC

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:14 am

Oke good luck with it if you are going to follow it Wink
I am even thinking about installing mods manually, but still not sure about it.

I live in the south of the Netherlands, near a city named 's-Hertogenbosch. Rotterdam is a hour driving or something from here Wink Do not really know some people from there. Sad
While it may not sound like a long time if you are from the US, its quite long here in The Netherlands Surprised Driving from north to south is about maximum 3 hours maximum to give you an idea Wink
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BaHaMuT Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:50 pm

PredCaliber wrote:Why not?  As far as I can see it is the only manager that allows you to extract files manually in the data folder if the mod is packed incorrectly Surprised

That's not a necessary feature since repacking the mod yourself is faster and way safer.

If you take into consideration the repacking of mods inside a mod manager why don't you use wrye bash/flash which is 1000 times better than Mod Organizer? Very Happy

Mod Organizer is a failed project which intends to simplify Wrye Flash features and virtualize modding setups but fails so hard in the end because is not compatible with every mod available in the Nexus sites, virtualizing setups use more memory and generally MO ends up crashing (it's buggy software), above all when multiple setups are used.

The creators of this tool tried to create something not as complex as Wrye Flash/Bash but not as simple as NMM and failed. Almost nobody uses that shit and I totally agree and approve with them not using it.

NMM is simple, hard-cored, compatible with multiple games (like Elder Scrolls Online, the Witcher saga, hell even Dragon Age and Dark Souls) and most of scripted installations, fully backupable. I love it. And yes, I was able to perform all the guidelines I provided you with in the Nexus Mod Manager in spite in the guide they recommended the crappy MO. When it comes to modding I can't live without NMM, simply the best.
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum