Predcaliber.com Good Games Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014

3 posters

Go down

Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014 Empty Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014

Post by PredCaliber Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

One of the most atmopsheric games ever made looks a bit outdated if you should play it now unmodded.
(the game itself is from 2006, so that explains a lot)

With this tutorial your Oblivion will never look the same again! (see the end result on the end of the video to get an impression)
We will highly improve: Textures, NPC's, Weather, Lightning, and will add a great ENB!

The video is from 2014 but still up to date!

PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

http://www.predcaliber.com

Back to top Go down

Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014 Empty Re: Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014

Post by BaHaMuT Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Your wish came true, now OBGE is compatible with ENB. However, the OBGE v4 is good enough to make the game absolutely amazing even without ENB. The Project change of name, it is called Oblivion Reloaded and you can check it here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45749/?

The problem you mentioned with heavy fps drops by using the culveyhouse modding tutorial is caused because of 2 mods that are completely broken:

* RAEVWD: Which aside from not being necesary puts a heavy load on your system, I had fps dropped to 45 even in my system (4,4 GHz processor and SSD doesn't seem to be enough, it's ridiculous)

* Unique Landscapes (This mod is broken, it causes horrible land glitches with a heavily modded oblivion and in each modified landscape low fps, aside from that it requires more than 20 or 30 compatibility patches depending on the mods that you have, it's nuts)

If you stay away from those two mods, everything will go smoothly.

Another tip that I can give you is the following, don't be afraid to use Wyre Bash or OBMM. both are fully compatible with Nexus Mod manager.

I'm uploading screenshots on my mod lists in NMM so you can have a clue that is not impossible to make pretty much everything work.

My Core Oblivion files
Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014 Obl1

My Oblivion Mods in NMM
Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014 Obl2

My Oblivion Mods in OBMM
Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014 Obl3

My Oblivion Mods in Wyre Bash
Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014 Obl4
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014 Empty Re: Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014

Post by PredCaliber Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:46 pm

What a coincidence! haha! I was just looking into the new Oblivion Reloaded that was reloaded 2 days ago Surprised

Thank you very much for your tips! Smile I never knew that Wrye Bash, OBMM, and NMM could work together. I know that some mods are causing trouble with NMM, so it is really good to know.

The mods in your OBMM, do they not work with NMM? (in example Robert male body replacer)
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BaHaMuT Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:42 pm

PredCaliber wrote:What a coincidence! haha! I was just looking into the new Oblivion Reloaded that was reloaded 2 days ago Surprised

Thank you very much for your tips! Smile  I never knew that Wrye Bash, OBMM, and NMM could work together.     I know that some mods are causing trouble with NMM, so it is really good to know.  

The mods in your OBMM, do they not work with NMM?  (in example Robert male body replacer)

All mods, even heavily scripted mods, work with NMM if you repack them.

However, there are mods with more than 100 options and repacking them is tedious. That's why it is better to use OBMM and Wyre Bash to simplify the installation of these mods, and you don't need to worry about compatibility issues with NMM since both, OBMM and Wrye Bash are integrated into the game.

I decided to repack some short mods (10 options or less), or more than one mod that belonged to the same category for NMM (like the mythic creature pack, which is acually 7 mods in one). In the screenshots above you can see them as "by BaHaMuT" that means I repacked it myself. (actually I repacked many more and forgot to add my name xD)
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:14 pm

Thank you very much Bahamut Smile I was always thinking of using OBMM for Omods because I read NMM does recognize them, but does not really understand what to do with them. Now I am pretty sure OBMM and NMM work together Wink

one more thing, what do you do with archive invalidation? I know it has to be set to checked in NMM, but does it not conflict at your Oblivion with OBMM?
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BaHaMuT Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:47 pm

PredCaliber wrote:what do you do with archive invalidation?  

It is advised to reset archive invalidation each time you install a graphic mod

I advise you to reset your archive invalidation at the end of the modding, when you finish.
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:01 pm

I had a little bit of trouble with archive invalidation on NMM, on OBMM it worked better.
This ultimate modding kept me awake for the last couple of days :O  I just could not get all the mods working with OBMM and NMM, It just kept giving weird glitches, or did not show the mods. Mostly because of Archive invalidation I think.

But then I discovered this program: TES Mod manager   What a Face study
It can manage mods for Skyrim and Obivion, and for Oblivion it combines the best elements from NMM, OBMM, and Wrye bash Smile  How wonderfull is that?         With this tool I am also able to just put Archive invalidation on ''BSA Redirection'' and just press update to let the mods be detected Smile  

Something I still do not understand is the building of mods.    Sometimes my TES Mod manager wont install Omods for some reason, but when I 'import' them, it starts to rebuilding them into a new OMOD, and for some reason that works.     Really weird.    Do you also have that problem?       I never had to build a mod for Skyrim, so its quite new for me Wink
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BaHaMuT Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:42 pm

PredCaliber wrote:I had a little bit of trouble with archive invalidation on NMM, on OBMM it worked better.
This ultimate modding kept me awake for the last couple of days :O  I just could not get all the mods working with OBMM and NMM, It just kept giving weird glitches, or did not show the mods. Mostly because of Archive invalidation I think.

But then I discovered this program: TES Mod manager   What a Face  study
It can manage mods for Skyrim and Obivion, and for Oblivion it combines the best elements from NMM, OBMM, and Wrye bash Smile  How wonderfull is that?         With this tool I am also able to just put Archive invalidation on ''BSA Redirection'' and just press update to let the mods be detected Smile  

Something I still do not understand is the building of mods.    Sometimes my TES Mod manager wont install Omods for some reason, but when I 'import' them, it starts to rebuilding them into a new OMOD, and for some reason that works.     Really weird.    Do you also have that problem?       I never had to build a mod for Skyrim, so its quite new for me Wink

For graphic mods to work after a long session of modding you need to wait from 7 to 30 days (30 days advised) in an interior cell, create a new saved game, exit game and enter using your newly created saved game, for some reason it puts everything in order. That's how it works for FNV, FO3, Oblivion and Skyrim. (in skyrim it is easier with the "no boring sleep wait menu" mod)

omods with a conversion table are very likely to work perfectly. Some others that don't have one, get generated automatically by hitting "create omod" and might work. However, the only way to make sure eveything falls into the right place is by repacking the mod yourself and then install it with the Nexus Mod Manager

Fortunately I didn't have any problem, because I checked data structure for each mod I downloaded. The mods that had an unrecognizable structure (EX: 00 Core files / 01 Imperial city, etc) went repacked so NMM can recognize the structure and install the mod with no problems. I evaded the troubles before having them.
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:52 am

Wow waiting 30 days is the weirdest thing ive ever heard. But thanks for the info Smile

I am now able to install every mod with this new TES mod manager, some mods have to be repacked, others not. Only the Grass seems to be an issue for me. I have installed the grass overhaul, the fix for dissapearing grass, but for some reason I still dont get those endless grass fields. I even changed the inmingrasssize and imaxtgrasstyptespertexture (those 2 grass lines in Oblivion.ini) but I just cant get the endless long grass fields. What grass mod do you use? Smile
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BaHaMuT Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:12 pm

When it comes to just grass, I used this one:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42400/?
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:58 pm

Oke, and did you change anything in your Oblivion.ini afterwards? (imingrassize or imaxgrasstypespertexure) Can you perhaps show me a screenshot how your grass looks? Smile
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BaHaMuT Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:30 am

PredCaliber wrote:Oke, and did you change anything in your Oblivion.ini afterwards?  (imingrassize or imaxgrasstypespertexure)   Can you perhaps show me a screenshot how your grass looks? Smile

Nope, I didn't change anything in my Oblivion.ini after installing it. But don't worry, I looked in my Oblivion.ini the configurations you mentioned and:

imingrassize (My oblivion.ini does not have this line, tried looking for it even with match case on and off, foward or backward, but failed to find it)

imaxgrasstypespertexure ( I found this immediately, it's set to 7)

And unfortunately I can't provide you with a picture because fraps, dxtory and stuff do not take realistic screenshots of heavily modded games, even as bmp and png. Bur hey! Not to worry my friend I recorded some small footage for you to watch my grass and how my game works overall.

Please watch the full video at 1080p. /60 fps / fullscreen

At the moment I'm posting this YT is rendering this video so it looks a little bit blurry each 10 seconds- I hope that when you read this it is fully rendered and with the highest quality as possible.

I hope this helps.

BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:10 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to create a video for me Smile  Honored! sunny
Your plants and grass looks really awesome! Also the 60 fps is really nice to see in Youtube!  Do you use an older version of OBGE?  I dont see Oblivion reloaded in your mod list Wink

You dont like an ENB btw?  I can understand that. Your graphics are very lore friendly!    

<edit>
After doing some reverse engineering I found the problem for my grass btw, it appears that Oblivion reloaded (OBGE 4.0) is causing it.  It is like the third issue Oblivion reloaded has caused for me now, but I was able to fix it by changing the density in its own grass.ini Smile
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BaHaMuT Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:43 pm

PredCaliber wrote:Thank you very much for taking the time to create a video for me Smile  Honored! sunny
Your plants and grass looks really awesome! Also the 60 fps is really nice to see in Youtube!  Do you use an older version of OBGE?  I dont see Oblivion reloaded in your mod list Wink

Don't worry, you've also helped a lot of people with your vids Very Happy honored both xD

Yes it is in the list. Check my Oblivion Core (category mod) It is just after Lynges Unlimited Death Reload time and before Elys' Universal Silent Voice.   Rolling Eyes   You were looking in the wrong category  Razz

PredCaliber wrote:
You dont like an ENB btw?  I can understand that. Your graphics are very lore friendly!  

I like ENB but I don't like any I've seen for Oblivion so far. (Maybe I'll tune up my own, like I did with skyrim when I began modding or wait for more suggestions and new stuff)

PredCaliber wrote:
After doing some reverse engineering I found the problem for my grass btw, it appears that Oblivion reloaded (OBGE 4.0) is causing it.  It is like the third issue Oblivion reloaded has caused for me now, but I was able to fix it by changing the density in its own grass.ini Smile

The grass overhaul is fully compatible with Oblivion Reloaded, you see it's working for me Smile

Glad you could fix it !
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:29 pm

Again, thanks a lot for your help Bahamut Smile   I mentoined your name a couple of times in the new tutorial video Smile
It was very helpfull to hear your input!

In the end I have chosen for the new Dark/Red ENB/shaders. I found it better looking then Cinematic ENB and a tweaked ENB.

Had some problems with Oblivion reloaded but fixed them all and explained the fixes in the video.   Also detailed terrain has been skipped because it will add a blank value somewhere and corrupt my entire load order.
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BaHaMuT Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:22 am

Nice to hear it's finished, I'll take a look at your new tut! Very Happy
BaHaMuT
BaHaMuT

Back to top Go down

Post by PredCaliber Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:05 pm

great Smile ! Perhaps the next one is going to be that huge tutorial from S.T.E.P. where they handle almost all interesting mod. This.
PredCaliber
PredCaliber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Oblivion Ultimate Graphics Tutorial 2014 Empty Everything blurry after ENB installation ..

Post by kimba1970 Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi! New to the forum, I have already used your tutorials for Skyrim with great success and I am trying my hand at Oblivion (I bought it again from Steam, my original DVD/CD was from before Steam become a "the facto" standard for games).. I am going through the steps of your tutorial and I am currently dealing with the ENB.. but I have hit a problem..First of all after installing the ENB (but before installing All Natural ... ) I have tried the game to see if everything was fine: the games loaded without problems but .. everything is super blurry (but if I enter the inventory hitting TAB the character and the menu are completely fine and not blurry at all) and I cannot make out things .. and I am stuck in 3rd person (something that did not happen during my previous try to check out if Oblivion Reloaded was working properly ... I have tried jump running and it works fine by the way). Any idea about what may have gone wrong between my last two tries ? I did not install anything but the ENB (exactly as described in your video)... I appreciate any tips you may have on the matter (maybe something wrong with the dept of field ? )

PS: Just for your information when I logged into your web site, I come across TWO version of the tutorial, one with "section 1 - Essential/System Mods / 2 - General Textures .." one with "section 1 - Essential/System Mods 2 - Oblivion Reloaded + ENB .. I guess the second one , the one referred in your video is the right one .. so probably the first one should be eliminated .. or list marked as obsolete , it could be confusing..

kimba1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down